Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Open Letter To Airtel

Sent this letter to Airtel a few minutes back.

fromSuhel Banerjee
toAIRTEL
dateWed, Dec 10, 2008 at 2:13 PM
subjectThank You For The Disservice


hide details 2:13 PM (1 minute ago)
Reply

Hello Airtel,

I have been an Airtel Blackberry and broadband customer since June of 2005 and I had to shift to a different broadband provider from today. I must say the service for most part of the last two and a half years had been exemplary but the way it ended left a very bad taste in the mouth.

I had been using your broadband services through the phone number 01244102485 from my residence (E 12/37, DLF Phase 1, Gurgaon) from June 2007. As I mentioned earlier it was a wonderful experience and I appreciate it. Howevere, this month, December 2008, I shifted to another house 1.5 kms away and requested my connection be moved to this address. I made this request on 28-Nov-2008. I received absolutely no response from anyone in your team for 5 days. After that I made 6 calls to your customer care cell (01244444555) and spoke to 6 different persons and was told in various ambiguous terms that I will have to wait indefinitely to shift my connection to the new complex where Airtel broadband has almost 100 plus broadband users if not much more.

Finally I was given your Team Lead, Abhishek Parmar's number. He was at least honest enough to inform me within a couple of hours that it will not be possible to transfer my connection to the new house because of some technical reason which translated to the fact that he can provide a 100 hundred other users the same broadband service, but can't transfer my existing line there.

Anyway, I have paid all my bills till the month of November 2008. And have called your helpdesk to please disconnect the connection today. The reference number is 54849278. I spoke to a Ms. Kanika.

Lastly, I would like to let you know that You Telecom provided me a connection and it became functional within 24 hours of my calling them up for the first time. I am most impressed with their service and am most grateful to them. Maybe they don't have a brand as big as yours but they are focussing where a service based company should focus - on the customer.

Thanks,

P.S: It's been close to 2 years now and every month I get a call from your Customer Service team to pay up my dues (which is Nil) and to return my phone set (which I did 1.5 years back).

2 comments:

maxdavinci said...

I can't wait for their reply now! But watay duh moment, they can have 100 subscribers in the complex but can't add one?

kya baat hain!

Suhel Banerjee said...

The reply was the biggest anti climax of all time. Pasting it below!

Dear Mr. Banerjee,

We value the time you have taken to share your feelings with us. At Airtel,
we are aware of the importance of providing excellent service and are
always looking to further raise our standards. Your feedback will go a long
way in this regard.

This is to inform you that request regarding shifting for Airtel connection
01244102485 is already registered with reference number 173587 and same is
under process.

Our team is working on this and our executive will revert to you soon.

We seek your cooperation in this regard.

It is our privilege to have you as our valued customer and would like to
thank you for your continued patronage. We look forward to a long and
fruitful association with you.

In case you require any further assistance, please

· Call us at 121 (Dial 4444121 from non Airtel numbers)
· E mail us at care.ncr@airtel.in
· Fax us at 0124 4008901

Warm Regards,
Shatrunjay
Customer Care